AT14 Day 11: Greasey Mistake

5/24 Sat
Spivey gap->Greasey Creek
330->366

On a mission today. Trying to get to Greasey Creek hostel. Wifi and a bed to reward myself for 10 good hard days. It was a nice easy trail to start the day.  I made it to Nolichucky quite early. I stopped into the hostel and grabbed some snacks for the climb ahead. Eating and climbing I was trying to avoid the blow up of yesterday.  Up up and up, I was feeling good. Like I said, I was on a mission.  I was dreaming of getting to this hostel and pigging out and sleeping well.  I was almost there and getting hungry.  I could have sworn I should have been there by now. Did I go past it? No it is always further than you think. Holy hell it can be this far can it?  And then I saw it...the shelter that is two miles past the hostel.  I would have just said screw it. But I needed the resuply.  Oh well it is just two more miles.  So I ran back got to the intersection I thought it might be. After looking around I found a little sign to hostel. I ran downhill. It was suppose to be .6 miles off the trail.  It seemed twice as long and was quite steep. I am not looking forward to leaving the hostel in the AM.  But I am here. There is no one here. Finally I found another hiker. He said they went to town for dinner.  Oh geez I missed dinner. When they finally got back, everyone was nice enough. You could tell the lady who ran the hostel was a control freak. But none the less she let me make some instant mash potatoes whileI ate 4 bananas. The I had a pint of ben and jerrys. Then another. I layed down to write this and the lady running the hostel said she could make me dinnr now that the sun had gone down(sabbath). So I had a black bean burger and an angus burger. A little backwards of a meal but it felt good in my tummy.  Now im passing out. I will have to resuply in the morning. What a day. It was well worth it. I just wish I didn't have to cover 41 miles to make it 36 closer to Maine. 

Feeling good for cover 366 miles in 10 days. Only 49 more days to go at this rate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nolans 41

WURL, And I think to myself...

Utah Thirteeners