AT14 Day 57: Almost Abol

7/10 Thurs
Pine needle forrest->Abol•ish
2119->2170

Well I woke up before my alarm as usual.  I got a mission to complete.  I got packed up. Dave seemed to be taking his time. I used the facilities.  I was still waiting for Dave. I told him I was going to walk slow and to catch up.  After a really slow half mile I reached a stream. I stopped and cameled up. I thought it would be perfect. I would drink tons of water and Dave would catch up.  After I had my fill and still no Dave, I decided to walk on. I hit a small climb, I thought surely Dave would catch me.  I reached the top. Still no Dave.  Smooth bomber descent waiting. Decision time.  Eff it.  So I go. I felt bad about leaving Dave , but I got the impression he wanted to leave me.  I was feeling good now though. Buttery pancakes. Flying I was. It got rooty, rocky and swampy. I didnt care. I would be done in a day. I really thought I could make the store by close. 51 miles in 13 hours. Just under 4 mph. I got this. Until about 4pm I believed. But then it was 16 miles in 4 hours to get there at close. The trail was really rooty and quite swampy. I was fading. I pushed until about 6 and then gave up.  I took it easy for the last 8 miles and got to a spot right before the road. Set up camp, it was only 9. But I missed the store and would have to wait until 7am for the store to re-open.  I guess I get to sleep in. Sounds good to me. I just did a 54 mile day followed by a 51 mile day.   It wasnt the 100 miler I dreamed off. But probably still pretty "Badass".  Tomorrow I am done. Not that I dont want to do this forever. But come on, everyone enjoys the satisfaction of a task complete. 

Comments

  1. What's going on brother! Man, I got water poisoning and passed out/threw up for eight hours right after that descent. Which really seems ironic considering the amount we talked about that hyper flow of yours. Hmmmm, should I start treating my water? Things came out of my body in colors that I don't think have names.

    I was twenty minutes behind you, everyone kept saying you were right ahead, I definitely didn't want to leave you. I wanted that hundred! but really, once I was sick, I was done for the day.

    Great hiking with you, you've definitely given me plans for part 2, thank you.

    Nolan's sometime?

    Best my friend,
    David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I am soo sorry to hear that. I was really confused. I enjoyed hiking with you soo much. I didnt want to ditch you. Send me an email. Joseppicampanelli@gmail.com

    Did you finish okay? Rest up! 2600 more miles to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And after all, 2650 miles isn't that far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nolans 41

WURL, And I think to myself...

Utah Thirteeners